Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Feature 3

CARTOONS FOR SUPER-INTELLECTUALS, PART 1

We had about 80 captions submitted for the six cartoons. Apparently a lot more people consider themselves qualified to write for a super-intellectual audience than for the usual riffraff. A few of the submissions were funny, in my opinion, even to those who aren't geniuses, so I'm holding onto those and will use them as our regular daily cartoons in the future. I'll also be posting another batch of super-intellectual cartoons next Sunday, at which time I'll also post all unchosen captions, many of which are excellent. Rather than post the same drawing more than once, I found a few similar drawings that work just as well with some of your captions.


****************************************************


Caption: Vivian Whetham



Caption: Roger Eschbacher


Caption: Anon.


Caption: Dave F.


Caption: M.G.E.


Caption: M.G.E.


Caption: Paul Penna


Caption: Anon.


Caption: Whirlochre


Caption: Gwen Ever


Caption: Evil Editor


Caption: arhooley

13 comments:

Phoenix Sullivan said...

Now THIS is the kind of funny that warms the cockles of my little geek heart. LOVE these. Looking forward to next week's barrage!

Phoenix Sullivan said...

Oh, comment moderation's off? Quick: SPAM TIME!

Dave Fragments said...

These are funny. As entertaining as a pie in the face.

writtenwyrdd said...

These are great!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I, too, GET every single one of these!

Whirlochre said...

I don't think I understood more than a couple of these.

Hilarious.

M. G. E. said...

Arhooley, you're killing me! Haha!

Redstarsix said...

Loved the one by arhooley.

St0n3henge said...

Arhooley: Really, now, aren'tcha 'shamed of yourself? ;)

Joe G said...

Oh God, I could kill myself. At least I had some pleasant wikipedia time ;P Nothing like some nerd jokes.

Mother (Re)produces. said...

Please do a dimwit challenge so I can play too, EE.

Anonymous said...

These were a hoot to read. The one that made me chortle out loud was Whirl's casual sex-o-meter deal.

Robin

Anonymous said...

These were gut busters. With Mother repro on the dim wit idea. Grand, just grand. Best, Bibi